Saturday, January 7, 2017

Dutch Baby and Golden Puff Pancake




This delicious Dutch Baby Recipe was provided by Kroger Grocery Stores to start the season off right!

This is the first week of 2017. I received some mail and spotted my Kroger coupons and recipe book that I receive throughout the year. My friend invited the family over for a delicious enchilada dinner and while she cooked, I took it to peruse. One of the articles that they featured was titled 1 Skillet, 3 Breakfasts.  Without sounding goofy, it was love at first sight. Whoever took the pictures were fantastic as making me want to get in my kitchen, dig out my cast iron skillet (which I shamefully admit rarely gets the love and attention that it deserves as a cooking tool in my kitchen), and get to cooking.
I couldn't wait to try this one.


We were scheduled for snow in the South this weekend, so I made sure that I had all of the ingredients before trying to create something like this. I don't have the flexibility of running out to the store if I am not skilled at driving on ice. 

I changed a few things to make it more mine, but the credit all goes to Kroger for their awesome recipe. These pictures are mine. 

After taking it out of the oven, I sprinkled powdered sugar and added strawberries.

Dutch Baby - The Golden Puff Pancake
(modified from Kroger's my Magazine, my substitutes are noted with *)

Ingredients:
3 large eggs
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened, Almond Coconut Milk (40 calories per serving) *
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2  tsp. vanilla butter nut extract *
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter
Powdered sugar
Fresh or defrosted strawberries to top (Kroger's magazine showed blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)


Method:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt 2 Tbsp. of unsalted butter in the pan by placing the pan in the oven. Mix eggs, flour, almond coconut milk, sugar, vanilla butter nut extract, and salt. Take the pan out of the oven, careful to coat the pan with the melted butter. Add batter. Some of the butter will rise to the top. (This probably adds to the deliciousness.)


Bake in the oven for 30 min. You may wish to shorten the time if the pancake is raised and golden. 

It was exciting to see the almost finished pancake!


Allow to cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar on it and place strawberries on top. It should be absolutely mouthwatering to look at when you are finished. 
I moved the Dutch Baby to a large plate and used a pizza cutter to slice quickly through the pancake. I placed them on smaller plates to drizzle sweet syrup over each serving.

Breakfast is ready! Add the syrup.


The recipe recommended refrigerating any left overs. 
For us, there were none! 




This will be a recipe that we add to our family recipe book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment