Saturday, November 11, 2017

Senior Pictures - Musician Graduating

Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography - Capturing a Senior Musician Graduating
This summer, one of my closest coworker's children graduated from high school and she wanted to capture him as a graduating senior. We set out on a Sunday evening to capture these photographs. I had never taken pictures in Downtown Conyers before, but I was extremely excited for the experience! Apparently, Downtown Conyers is a great location of many television series to film because of the unique storefronts and character that it provides to the town. There are restaurants, pawn shops, and even a voodoo shop that lies among theses stores. These provided the backdrop to capture Nicholas as he steps into his next part of his journey.


Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography
When I take pictures, I always know that they are not finished. I cannot describe my pleasure when I actually started cropping and editing with basic presets that I had in Lightroom to have these final products emerge. I actually started taking pictures of the screen with my cell phone and texting them to my co-worker because I was so excited. I couldn't even wait to export them before I shared them.  It's almost like an unseen surprise: Surprise! It's better than you could have ever imagined.

Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography - Nick with his guitar on the railroad tracks.
I think that is why I am so in love with capturing moments in time. Just the experience of capturing a moment and extending it into something more beautiful and pleasing is exciting to me. It brings me great joy to be able to provide this to others to take pride in for years to come. Even though I have so far to go, I am incredibly thankful for how far I have come.



Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography
I also appreciate the opportunity to work with people who are patient with me while I direct and make suggestions that they are open to doing. I am also open to their suggestions, because they know what they want. And I want to deliver that.

Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography
We took so many pictures in the time that I spent with Nicholas and his mom making sure that we captured him and the moment. These are only a taste of what we captured and these are my absolute favorites from the session.
Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography

Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography
Nicholas had two instruments, the guitar and the saxophone, that we were able to capture his passion for both.


Copyright - Regina Renfro Photography 2017

- Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment